Complete Food Handler Training Program – $99
This 10-Unit course teaches your food service team members to master the critical skills they need.
También disponible en Espanol
Critical Hand Washing and Sanitizing Skills for Restaurants
This course quickly teaches your food service and restaurant workers the most important skill for preventing your patrons from becoming ill: the correct way to wash, clean and sanitize their hands. This course also explains exactly when staffers must wash their hands – just before leaving the bathroom is not enough!
- Understand the importance of proper hand washing and sanitizing
- Know the times when hand washing and sanitizing are required
- Master the correct and effective steps to correctly wash and sanitize hands
Preventing Food Contamination
Protect your food service and restaurant patrons from the dangers of eating food that has become contaminated by bacteria, chemicals or foreign objects. In this course, your food service and restaurant staffers will learn the most important safety protocols and techniques in any food and beverage operation.
- Learn what food contaminants are
- Learn how food becomes unsafe for consumption
- Understand the populations at highest risk for contracting illnesses from food
- Master special skills to process foods that are most likely to become unsafe
Mastering Cook Times & Temps
This course teaches your food preparers everything they need to know to make sure that foods are cooked to correct internal temperatures. From the basics (knowing the correct temperatures for different foods) to more focused skills (knowing how to use thermometers correctly) to advanced steps (correct internal temperatures for seafood and eggs), all the most important skills for correct food preparation are covered.
- Know why cooking food to correct internal temperatures is important
- Understand the correct internal temperatures of different foods for safe consumption
- Know how to correctly use thermometers to check the internal temperature of food
- Master the “15 second rule” to assure correct temperature readings
- Understand correct procedures for cooking seafood and eggs
Personal Hygiene Rules and Routines for Food Service Personnel
Learn how food can become contaminated when workers practice poor personal hygiene – and the most effective preventions. This course teaches the critically important routines, habits and skills that all your food service workers need to practice.
- Understand what good hygiene is
- Learn how food can become contaminated by workers who do not practice good hygiene
- Understand and master the components of a good program of personal hygiene
- Master current “best practices” in personal and employee hygiene
- Know the actions to be taken if a food handler becomes sick
How to Prevent Restaurant Patrons from Allergic Reactions
In this course, you will learn all about food allergens, how to correctly prepare dishes for consumers with food allergies, what allergic reactions look like, and what your staffers should do if one of your patrons suffers an allergic reaction. These are critical, potentially life-saving skills for your employees to know.
- Learn the basics of food allergies
- Understand the most common types of food allergens
- Know how to correctly prepare allergen-free dishes for guests
- Learn to recognize the symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Know what to do if a guest becomes ill
Sanitizing Disease-Prevention Skills for Food Service
This course teaches the most critical cleaning and sanitizing procedures for food and beverage operations. You will learn how to keep patrons healthy and protect your business from legal dangers associated with food contamination and patron illnesses.
- Understand and master the most important skills for cleaning and sanitizing
- Learn to develop effective cleaning and sanitizing schedules
- Learn to train staffers and team members to follow protocols and practice them correctly
Preparing Your Restaurant to Pass OHSA Inspections
Knowing how to pass inspections by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is critical to keeping your restaurant or food service business open – and also vital for protecting your reputation and building your success. This course teaches you and your food service staffers to prepare to pass inspections by OSHA teams.
- Learn the basics of OSHA
- Understand what OHSA inspectors look for and learn how to prepare
- Review and understand the OHSA Material Safety Data Sheet
How to Prevent Foods from Chemical Contamination in Your Restaurant
Learn to protect your food service and restaurant patrons from eating food that has become contaminated by chemicals that are used to clean and sanitize food preparation areas. These are critical “must have” skills for staffers in any food or beverage operation.
- Learn the basics of using sanitizers
- Master the principles of using them safely
- Learn specialized protocols for storing cleaning chemicals safely and correctly
Advanced Cleaning and Sanitizing Skills for Restaurants
Master the most important skills to keep your food service business areas clean and protect your patrons from becoming sick. This course teaches how to create and implement schedules to keep food service operations correctly sanitized and prevent food contamination from chemicals.
- Learn what to clean and sanitize
- Understand when to clean and sanitize
- Learn how to clean and sanitize
- Learn advanced skills for cleaning and sanitizing stationary equipment
Sanitary Maintenance Mastery for Your Restaurant
This course teaches your restaurant staff some of the most critical and most often ignored skills to keep a restaurant or food service business clean and germ-free. These skills are critical for keeping your patrons from becoming sick through contact with bacteria.
- Understand and observe correct procedures for dealing with waste and maintaining garbage receptacles
- Learn to clean and sanitize correctly after patrons get sick
- Maintain effective pest prevention and removal methods in your operation